Sunday, March 9, 2014

New bike feels great

The pictures posted earlier show my new Soma bike. I just got the cranks replaced on it. The set of cranks Richard Hedges was kind enough to loan me didn't shift into the large chain ring with the front derailleur I had. So, although I've ridden the bike several times with those cranks, I was never able to use the large chainring. Well, I just put on a set of brand new 105 cranks and the bike now shifts very, very smoothly in all 3 (yes thats right, a triple) chainrings.

I will ride the Soma the first day this week. Since the saddle isn't quite right and the seatpost is not quite tall enough for me, I am not likely to ride the Soma every day this week. But, the first day is relatively light mileage, about 60 miles, and less than 7K climb. So, I should be able to tolerate the bike in that configuration for tomorrow's ride.

This week will be a little bit like the first week of the cross-country tour except with lower daily mileage. We'll average less than 70 miles per day but about 7K climb average per day too. Should be fun! And, the weather looks like it will be great.

Here is the route data.

Weather should be mid-70s.

1 comment:

  1. I brought a bungee cord so that Mark can help pull me up those 12% steep gradients :)

    ReplyDelete